Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mr. Sleepy Checks In

I spent a little time today going over old posts, and you know, I really put a lot of time and thought into some of them.

I don't know if those days will come back. I don't know if I'll feel that old compulsion, that need to put thoughts into words. Not to that extent at least.

But I hope I never lose it altogether.

***

Been listening to John Legend today. This guy is really flippin' good. I got his Evolver yesterday (thanks Ken). He's got a real talent for R&B, and though he's clearly well-versed in the old school approach, he updates the sound nicely with modern rhythms and production.

***

The spiritual quest never ends. It just never does. I suppose I'll never stop seeking answers.

***

Kelli, my ex-wife, graduated with her Master's degree from SMU today. I need to ask her specifically, but I believe it's in ancient history. She worked hard for years on her studies and her thesis, and I have all confidence that she is truly an expert in her field now. Congratulations, Kelli Dee.

***

The Rangers have lost a couple of ugly games to the Jays. But hey, bad baseball beats no baseball.

***

I was lost in a moment tonight.

And then it happened again.

And again.

Don't dare pinch me.

No comments: