Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sonnet I

The sun runs through my veins, and your arms cradle me;
Your fingertips caress my skin, gently tracing works of art;
Our eyes are mirror images, reflecting the world endlessly;
I breathe in the scent of you, and it lights a fire in my heart.
Just as nature intended, and like millions gone before,
We've fallen in the deep end; body, mind and soul.
Unlike those millions however, it's you alone I adore;
We're two halves that make a complete whole.
You ruffle my hair, and I scrunch my face tight;
A grin breaches my front, and we collapse in laughter,
A giggling pair, two of a kind, and a sweet sight;
We toast with a kiss, hopeful for happy ever after.
Ups and downs will always come our way,
But how could I do anything but stay?

(by Megan Dwinell, Renee's daughter)

No comments: