Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday Night's All Right for Loafin'

“Wanderlust” is a great word. Just great.

***

You know, has anyone put out a great baseball song since Fogerty’s “Centerfield” in the mid-80s? I can’t think of one. Aren’t we due?

***

I got a used $3.99 MVP Baseball game for the PS2 I got Wolfboy. I’m not very good at it. Tonight I think my performance got about as good as it’s gonna get; I lost to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, 10-9.

***

I still think someone should write an epic poem about the marriage of salsa and cheese.

***

Work is good, but not easy. Is there a more challenging population to counsel? Prison inmates maybe? Iraqi veterans?

After dealing with the size and scope of the presenting issues I see on East Lancaster, man, I’d be happy to talk to some student who needs help with test anxiety, let me tell you.

***

Tomorrow is my friend Sammie’s farewell wingding at the church. Follow your bliss, sister, but please don’t disappear from my life.

***

I want to train again. I’m looking into it.

***

Life goes pretty well in general I’d say. I’m not here at my apartment much, yet they still expect me to pay the rent. Odd.

***

We’re social creatures. I mean… look at us. Separated by physical distance, yet clamoring to socialize online. It’s like being in a giant room with LOTS of people you know. You can tell them what’s up, ask them what’s up, play songs for them, play games with them, be available to chat… interesting.

***

You should see the movie Big Bad Love,, but not if you’re kinda down.

***

I’m tired. Man, I may be in bed by 11pm on a Saturday night.

Y’all take care.

No comments: