Friday, April 30, 2010

Scattered Moments

A young man in Hurst held a cardboard sign at 8am today as I headed out for supervision.

It read:

"Ninjas killed my family. Need money for vengeance."

***

My daughter was my little shadow this evening. She played on the front steps as I strummed my guitar. We played little games too, and she lectured me frequently.

She started going on about Ghostbusters, explaining that it's sort of scary, but sort of funny.

"It kind of freaks me out," she said sternly.

***

Later on, she started writing out random musical notes on blank pieces of paper. Eighth notes and sixteenth notes.

She asked me to play them so she'd know what they sounded like.

I busted out "Stairway to Heaven," and let me tell you, she was mighty pleased with her composition.

***

You know, I am one very happy man these days.

Y'all have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Sounds like that young lady is already interested in music. Piano lessons should be in her future.