Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ramblings of a Dude in a Recliner

Avocados taste great with soy sauce. This is proof that God:

A. Has a sense of humor
B. Intends for us to eat fusion cuisine
C. Forgot to put avocado trees in Asia
D. Expected the Mayans to invent soy sauce

***

Print hanging in the men's room in a local office building.



"The Bordello."

I mean... really? Really?

***

Yeah, so I took a big box of stuff to Goodwill to donate yesterday. And that was fine until this morning when I realized that the bag with the kids' new school clothes was actually in that box too.

Four trips to Goodwill and lots of schmoozing this morning resulted in most of the clothes being found and returned. Yahoo!

***

Giant grasshoppers invade Hurst!


Run for your lives!

***

Heading to Austin with Renee' next week to catch John Legend on Austin City Limits. I'm really looking forward to it!

***

I love sushi, and decided to make my own recently.



It turned out pretty well. Rolling it is a bit tricky. And I learned one quick lesson: Get the nori at a genuine Asian Market (20 sheets/$2.99) instead of someplace like Market Street (7 sheets/$5.99).

***

So we realized today that the baseball the kids and I were playing with has something written on it: "Luis Tiant, July 19, 1974."

With a little research, we learned that on that date, Tiant pitched a game for the visiting Red Sox against the Texas Rangers. He pitched a complete game, giving up 8 hits and one earned run. The Rangers lost 3-1. If I recall, Wolfboy's grandfather caught that ball as a foul that day in old Arlington Stadium.

Cool!

***

The kids are watching Furry Vengeance and howling and squealing with laughter.

***

Juke refuses to die.

***

Y'all take care.

No comments: