Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Night Jibber Jabber

Church every Sunday, introspection, prayer, meditation, study, counseling (as therapist and client), grad school, and a lifetime of conversations with the gaggle of brilliant folks whom I am privileged to know... and the more answers I get, the more questions I have.

***

We've been decorating in the kids' room. We put up some cork boards, and we painted this evening. Like the color?


***

Tonight I was singing "After the Gold Rush" by Neil Young, and THEGIRL kept interrupting me to improvise her own lyrics. It was quite cute.

***

I believe in love.

I had lunch with a friend who is 80+ years a couple months back. He was giddy over the fact that he was about to have a lunch date. At his age, the prospect of love still lights him up.

***

Sometimes I do have to swat the memories away like flies.

***

Tomorrow is the first day of school for my children. Their lunches are packed, their clothes are picked out... I hope it's a terrific year for them.

***

Black cherry... nice.

***

Good night.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like the room. And I hope they have a great first day of school. Post some pics either here or FB.