Sunday, May 18, 2008

To Katy and Back

An experiment. This is a blog entry written via text message while on the road to and from Katy, Texas. I went down for Steve Meier's 40th birthday party.

*

I am on the road to Katy, Texas. BB's current therapy: Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden. I stayed up too late. I am not chipper. It is 1Oam.

*

Gassing up in Centerville. $3.689 per gallon. Black-eyed Susans on the median. My grandmother loved those. $67.O4 to fill up. Dang.

*

I don't like speed traps. I'm just sayin'. BB's current therapy: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan- The Final Recordings.

*

Just had lunch with Whit at Pho Mai... Mmm. And while there I bumped into the brilliant and beautiful Brandice Mueller!

*



*

2:2O Sunday morning and I am up, crazy from sleep deprivation. Been up 2O hours. The party was great. Sleep well. Gimme a kiss.

*

8:5Oam. 2 things alternate in my brain: 'You should still be asleep' & 'LIKE WALKIN' IN THE RAIN & THE SNOW WHEN THERE'S NOWHERE TO GO...'

*



*



*

Houston was good. Rolled with Whit today. Near Huntsville, watching out for a Starbucks. Life is good.

*

Dang. I think i missed the Starbucks. Nice day. Astros up 5-O over Rangers in 7th.

*

There is no Starbucks in Buffalo, Texas. But Corsicana isn't awfully far, and I'm looking forward to seeing my kids.

*

Say... I HAVE A MASTER'S DEGREE!

*

Somewhere in Texas.


*

2 comments:

amcnew said...

I love that driving through Texas is like driving across the country - Buffalo, Huntsville, Cleveland, Edinburg, Moscow...

SifuWhit said...

Go learn some groundfighting, my friend...I look forward to having some competition from you soon. ;-)

'twas great to have you here for the weekend! We both look forward to your next visit, the sooner the better. Next time, bring your sparring gear so you can work on that Thai clinch.