Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dissociate

I'm not even sure that's spelled correctly.

I hope so. I like the way the word is constructed. And it should be a noun as well, like "associate." Maybe it is for all I know.

***

5pm on a Saturday, and I've done not much of anything.

Oh, I loaded up hours' worth of songs on iTunes in anticipation of my upcoming cruise.

And I just cleaned the kitchen.

But everything's been at a languid pace.

***

What a week.

***

UT beat OU at the Cotton Bowl. This is as close as I come to caring about any football. Hey, that's still my alma mater, and they played an exciting game to beat the #1 ranked team.

***

I'd just like to be alone for a little while. I have my earphones on, and the music allows me to dissociate to a certain extent. Children and spouse come to me, and I see their lips moving. I have to pause the tunes. "What?"

They must think me rude, distracted. I would.

I just want to step outside of my life a little bit.

***

This thing that whispers to me never goes away.

It's always right there.

Lots of stuff drowns it out.

But sometimes it sings to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.