Saturday, December 20, 2008

I am

a little bit croaky. I may be catching something.

***

going to have some ice cream very soon.

***

narrating the Christmas cantata at church tomorrow.

***

wishing my little girl would stop jacking with the cat, especially when it involves putting the little bugger on ME or MOBB.

***

glad I watched Meet Dave with Wolfboy last night. It's no masterpiece, but it's a fine movie to watch with a guffawing eight-year-old.

Lo and behold, it was co-written by the one and only Bill Corbett, who spent years as a writer for one of my favorite shows ever, Mystery Science Theater 3000.

***

finding it an odd coincidence that I have played two MST3K episodes this weekend, in fact: Santa Claus and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

The former gave me nightmares when I was five. Hey, it's kinda messed up to make a movie in which Santa is battling SATAN, okay? And the latter is so bad that even kids said so.

***

glad to report that I have done well over 1000 pushups this week.

***

waiting for the kids to go to bed so MOBB and I can watch The Dark Knight.

The movie itself is a bit overrated if you ask me. Heath Ledger's performance, however, is not.

***

thinking of putting a pair of Lace Alumitone pickups in the Les Paul.

***

the proud owner of some mighty cool new Krav Maga training pants. I'm like a little kid; I just want to wear them all the time.

***

very pleased with how my new brochures came out.

***

happy to be getting new clients.

***

off for most of next week.

***

going to spend all of one of those days having a personal Lord of the Rings Wing Ding. That is, I'ma sit down on this couch with a blanket, a remote control, and about a week's worth of snack food while I watch all three DVDs from the series.

***

looking forward to the gun seminar at the Krav Maga school on the 27th.

***

not happy to chew on the kids, but doggone it, their mother and I are sitting here in total silence by choice. Still they keep bopping out of their rooms to lean all over us, tell us things repeatedly, have random requests for us to get up and do things...

***

going to get that ice cream now. Y'all take care.

No comments: