Friday, December 05, 2008

Updates from the Padded Room

I dreamed I was standing beside the late Layne Staley in some suburban house. He was looking in the bathroom mirror, and I said to him, "I struggle with this thing too."

***

Houses are designed incorrectly. At least the ones that child-rearin' families live in. There's a LIVING room, sure. Currently, that's where all the craziness ensues. The kids ride each other like livestock, fight, make noise, make smells, and generally go bananas.

Why is there just one room? The parents need a smaller, private (and possibly padded) room elsewhere in the house, accessible by the kids only if they are on fire or bleeding out of the eyeballs.

***

I am officially counseling now. I need to get more clients, of course, but it feels great, absolutely great.

***

Anyone want to buy my Epiphone Les Paul Studio? It's beautiful.

***

I sold my gun this week.

***

Wolfboy and THEGIRL are for sale too, by the way. 50 cents a pound and they're all yours.

***

They make me so doggone mad sometimes. Is there some larger, evolutionary thing at work here? Some urge to kill each other? If they were baby birds, would they be trying to push each other out of the nest? I mean, from a biological standpoint, is there some advantage to trying to murder one's sibling?

They make me nuts.

***

Anyone know a good, reasonably-priced printer for my brochures?

***

I've agreed to be in a video promoting the counseling program at Texas Wesleyan. I'm glad to do it.

***

I have this bad habit of parking where I'm not supposed to. I dodge speeding tickets all the time, but I'm not usually so lucky with parking tickets. Today I parked illegally in Ft. Worth, but the cop who left that ugly orange sticker on my window was good enough to not ticket me.

The sticker was a real bear to get off though.

***

Stopped into a funky record shop on the TCU campus today. There was a lot of cool, collectible stuff, including boatloads of Texas music. I'd noticed a lot of Stephen Bruton's stuff.

Got to talking with the owner about a Jimmie Dale Gilmore album. Turns out the owner is Stephen's brother, Sumter. Oooooooh. Cool.

***

I'm rambling on and on about nothing. Y'all take care. Stay warm, and have a good weekend.

No comments: