Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday Mish Mash

MOBB is at a job interview right now.

She was laid off in August. She has searched diligently for a job ever since. I don't make just a ton of money, and her unemployment is about to run out.

It's time.

Please keep her in your thoughts.

***

Mornings... ugh. Just... kill me. This is my curse.

***

They taught us in grad school that among the possible hallucinations, the olfactory variety are typical of the most severe pathology.

As I brushed my teeth this morning, this overwhelming scent hit me.

Noodles?

That can't be right. It seemed to start right there. Being a guy, of course, I wondered what in the name of Ronald McDonald could be song wrong with the (heater, water heater, attic insulation, wiring...) that it would smell like THAT, and what potential disaster did this hint at?

I tried to ignore it.

***

A-Rod... you know, the guy never seemed sincere. Ever. And no, I don't believe that simply because he threw his Rangers teammates under the bus that he ONLY did steroids here. I mean, the pressure doesn't exactly relent when one joins the Yankees, you know?

Wolfboy, who is a rule follower, took the news well. "He's a YANKEE anyway."

Good kid.

***

Sitting on the couch this morning about a half hour ago, I smelled it again.

It's... Asian food?

The heater had just cycled. I tried to remember: Did the smell start when it ran? What dead critter smells like... sesame?

MOBB was dressing for her interview. I asked her, "What the @#$% is that SMELL?"

"It's ME."

Eh?

Seems that during last week's massage (a gift from her dear friend Heather), the masseuse suggested rubbing sesame oil on the skin to soften it. And MOBB did exactly that this morning.

And she stores it under the bathroom sink.

"If you need to cook with it, there it is," she said.

Well, okay.

***

Former Rangers whose names have been associated with steroids: Jose Canseco, Ivan Rodriguez, Juan Gonzalez, Ruben Sierra, Randy Velarde, Sammy Sosa, Eric Gagne, Alex Rodriguez... I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

***

I must admit that I'm concerned that this morning's interviewer might wonder why my spouse smells like Pad Thai.

(She assures me she wiped it all off)

***

One can't make this stuff up, folks.


***

I'm pretty concerned about this balky shoulder of mine. I see the doc next week.

***

Y'all have a good one.

No comments: