Friday, March 27, 2009

Car Stuff Mostly

I slept with Wolfboy again last night. He elbowed me in the eye as he turned over, but he's not that big. It didn't hurt much.

***

We bought a car. I take some pride in being able to negotiate, given proper time and circumstances. Several things worked in our favor this time. For starters, we managed to turn our '98 Buick LeSabre into a $3000 down payment, and that helped. That thing was worth $500 maybe, and every time it went 100 yards I was thankful.

I'll spare you the whole story. We got an '07 Nissan Versa.

I don't have buyer's remorse, though I'm not particularly excited either. It's MOBB's car anyway. I'm happy for her.

***

Reading Whit's blog, I'm mighty doggone thankful, again, that the wreck wasn't worse. The suddenness of it all is what's really frightening. No time to react, no choice, nothing to do but stomp the brakes and hold on.

***

Ringo is currently chewing on a plastic hanger.

At least he's cute.

***

It's been another busy crazy, crazy busy week. I think about half of my friends are convinced I'm ignoring them, and the other half are just convinced I'm a jackass. I email them and get responses like "THERE you are!"

Driving to pick up THEGIRL last night, ostensibly to head up to Corinthe to buy a car, I got about a dozen texts from MOBB about the awful better biz bureau ranking the dealer we were about to see had. That was when texts from Whit about the wreck came in. Mix in a handful of random "What's up" stuff from friends and man, I just got overwhelmed.

We had a deal worked out to buy a used Civic for a great price from a Porsche dealership, but it fell through over a $500 fee.

***

Grubbs Nissan here in Bedford did right by us.

***

Baseball season starts a week from Monday.

***

Time to crash. Good night.

No comments: