Friday, April 24, 2009

Hell in a handbasket

My kids won't eat biscuits if they are buttered. They want jelly only.

Yet they will eat butter straight out of those tiny tubs you get in restaurants.

***

I met a young man recently who talked to me about a Guns 'n' Roses song. I asked him what album it's on. "Album? It's just a G 'n' R track. I don't know."

Ah... this is life in the MP3 era.

***

He also called me "sir" repeatedly, which was equal parts disturbing and... appropriate. Dang.

***

Most of the young men I see today would be met by yours truly with a loaded firearm if they came to my house to pick up my daughter for a date.

"I have no problem going BACK to prison."

Heh heh.

***

Paramore? Is this really the name of a "punk" band??

***

I watched a young man in the parking lot by my office berating a young woman who clearly aimed to get in her car and drive off without him.

"Fine, I'ma just get anothuh one o' my hoes to come get me!" He yelled at her.

Let me just say that if you're really such a pimp, sir, you probably own your own car.

***

Another young man told me he has a hard time sitting through two Who songs in a row.

What?? Ack! Blasphemy.

***

But I actually don't mind Kanye West.


***

Good night.

No comments: