Monday, May 30, 2005

Aaaaah!

At the barbecue restaurant this afternoon, THEGIRL broke wind loudly enough to rattle the flatware and followed it with a loud, "Aaaaah!"

***

Was a fine weekend overall I'd say. The rain this afternoon spoiled my overdue momentum on the tool shed. But at least from assembling the base it looks like I've done a reasonable job of getting it level.

I'm actually kind of shocked.

***

But having the wellhouse and patio gone helps a lot. They were real eyesores, that's for sure. They're still in Mr. Manisela's trailer out front. Not sure when he'll haul it off, but I'm not too concerned.

***

And the light is different now that the patio cover is gone. This blue-white glow filters into the kitchen through the trees, and it's quite nice.

***

Our fantasy team is 7-1 now, and the next best record is 5-3.

***

I like to hear "Let's Dance" by David Bowie just to hear Stevie Ray Vaughan whip out his uncanny Albert King impression in the middle of it all. I hope King is smiling somewhere.

***

Having some fun tinkering with house plans. Kelli stumbled upon one we both like for a lot reasons. We have a long way to go, and I wonder how many times we'll start over and change our minds.

***

I'm told the atmosphere at BACS is tense. The open positions are not being filled in a timely manner, and each week mgmt is saying that they've got to push things back another week. Stations are starting to complain, and I feel downright proud for having set it all in motion.

***

Yesterday was our 12th wedding anniversary. Kelli would love for me to write a bunch of mushy stuff here, and it's tempting for sure. But in the interest of not making my other reader gag... I'll try not to go overboard.

This is it. This is happiness. I don't flinch or stretch the truth or hesitate a bit when I say I'm happy. I kind of feel like we're living marriage the way it's meant to be.

***

Have a good week, and may the days fly by for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sis

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. Twelve years, wow...did it ever seem possible?

Michael