Friday, May 27, 2005

Squirrels Can Kill You

Woke up to the sounds of Mr. Manisela and two young men (his sons?) destroying my back patio this morning.

They got an early start, knocking down that rotting, poorly-built contraption. They’ll also haul off the busted-up wellhouse when they take the patio. And for a reasonable rate.

***

It’s Friday in a traffic department before a holiday. Busy day, typically, except for the fact that after nearly a month here they’ve given me very little work of any consequence to do. So… I’ll do my separation, work a little future maybe, and watch the hours tick by. When we come back next week I’m going to tell the boss that really, it’s time for me to do more.

***

Ah, iced coffee and a scone. I’ve got enough caffeine in me right now to fuel every account exec in broadcasting.

***

This weekend we meet a builder in Corsicana to discuss building our home. Our timeline just became much less firm, however, since the man who is supposed to haul off the junked-out house on the land is dragging his feet.

***

Next week I begin my online psychology of personality class at Wesleyan. It looks intense! Holy smoke.

***

Random quotes from THEBOY from the last 24 hours:

"Where does God live?"

Me: "Uh... everywhere, but you can't see Him."

(He points at a map) "He lives HERE," he says, pointing at Brazil.
____

"Squirrels can kill you."
____


(Watching the Tongan guy smashing the patio). "Wow... he's as strong as you, Dad. He's strong like the Hulk or the Thing."
___


THEBOY also told me last night he wants to celebrate Kwanzaa and Hannukah. Hmm...

***

Friday… we made it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Where does God live?"

Brazil? That's quite the long distance phone bill He's running up to the Pope, then. :-D

Georgina

Anonymous said...

Kevin wants to celebrate Kwanzaa and Chanukah...well, of course he does. He's angling for more presents and candy.

Michael