Friday, October 27, 2006

Fuzzy and Stickboy

It’s been a good day for the most part. Had some fine pancakes and sausage from the Paris Coffee Shop over on Magnolia. It’s an old-school diner that makes some tasty flapjacks.

***

But I’m tired, so doggone tired. I had a big work event today, and I kept waking up overnight thinking about it.

The event went okay. Not great, but not bad.

***

So the family is full of Tex Mex. Kids are watching Over the Hedge, M.O.B.B. is watching Dr. Who

***

There used to be these two tough kids in elementary school. I can’t recall their names, so I’ll just call them Fuzzy and Stickboy. Honestly, I also can’t remember how they established that they WERE so tough and all. They weren’t imposing physically or anything. They did scowl a lot. Is that enough?

GRRR. LOOKA ME, I’M TOUGH.

But other kids gave them a wide berth as well.

***

They tried to steal my bicycle once. I happened to be on it at the time, but that didn’t stop them from seizing the handlebars and demanding that I dismount so they could have the bike.

I told them no, and oddly enough, they didn’t jack with me. They let me go without a fight.

***

So there was this big talent show/production/THING at school. We might have been in the sixth grade. Kids sang, kids did little skits, and kids danced.

In fact, a group of kids took the stage to “Le Freak” by Chic (which was brand new at the time). Among those kids were Fuzzy and Stickboy, scowling, very seriously doing their choreographed moves. They were good, all of those dancers.

And I remember sitting in the audience thinking, Tough guys disco dance?

***

12 days removed from Vomit! The Musical I must say that I’m glad to be healthy. We don’t stop to think about our health sometimes. Well buddy, I’m thinkin’ about it now: any time I’m not barfing is GOOD time.

***

Tomorrow I might actually attend grappling class.

***

So there’s this local person featured on a highly-rated reality show. It’s a contest, and week after week this person competes against the other folks on the show for a shot at a prize of, what, couple hundred grand? He’s got a day job, and in fact, his place of employment isn’t too far from my house.

Now, in most cities I’d venture to say that someone in this position would get tons of media coverage. TV, print, radio…

Here, news of Travis Lutter’s victory and procession to the TUF4 finals was written in today’s boxing briefs (not to be confused with boxer briefs, which I’m currently wearing) by some Star-Telegram sports lackey who simply watched the show.

***

Hey, go check out L.E.O.

No comments: