Thursday, October 19, 2006

Pedazos...

Whit hasn't seen Carter/Serra II at this point, so I won't go on about it. Much.

Good fight though! Not a disappointment. Both guys surprised me. And since when does Carter have these sweet Judo throws?

***

It's Thursday night, and I feel pretty healthy for the first time since Spewpalooza '06. Man, these nasty little stomach bugs do take a toll.

***

A policeman recently told me he's more scared of hepatitis than bullets.

***

Might be able to return to KM this weekend.

***

Saw Akeelah and the bee this week. I guess I rent about a movie a year these days. I think I chose well.

What casting in that movie! What young actor was able to switch so handily between inner city vernacular and seven-syllable words?

***

The job... man, there's so much I could say, but I cannot.

Let's just say that I am pleased. My eyes are open. I'm challenged, and for the first time since my stint at Yahoo I'm INTO what I'm doing.

I feel like going back to the two terrible TV jobs I had and telling them that there's a BETTER WAY. You don't HAVE to work with such insane pressure to do something so utterly lacking in meaning.

***

So... random question: Could you live in your home town again?

Or do you still?

***

Friday approaches... by gum, I think my guts are sufficiently recovered... time for coffee and a scone!

3 comments:

Geoff said...

I think I could live in my hometown... well maybe I couldn't live in King Ferry, NY population 500, but I could live 40 minutes away in Syracuse... so maybe thats a no, but after living on the road for so long, Syracuse would feel like moving home...

I could but I'm pretty sure I won't, and I don't think my wife could, so I guess thats another no...

But answering no cuts me off from a lot of things I'd like to have in my life, like a real relationship with my brother, one where I go over to his house on a Saturday to watch the game or where he comes over and helps me fix the garage door...

Anonymous said...

i watched akeelah and the bee on the plane on the way back from bangladesh, but they shut it off in the last 5 minutes of the movie, so i don't know if she won or not. it looked like it could have gone either way. i was totally pissed about it.

Anonymous said...

Hometown guy here. I left for a short time after college, and returned. My wife is also from "here", teaches school at her alma mater. It's something I wrestle with, but it's been 75 percent "a good choice". Got to admit, it's a little wacky running into high school mates at the store, or at my kids' school, but I'm living proof, it can be done.

Pluses: Grandparents in our kids lives at least weekly, siblings, familiar with all things good and bad in town. Minuses: Occasionally wondering what you might be missing.

J.P.