Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy Birthday!

...to Kelli, aka Mail Order Bionic Bride.

(The name has been updated due to the pins in her wrist).

***

Something really strange and unforeseeable and unforgettable happened at [newjob] this week.

It gave me a sense of hope.

Yes.

Hope.

I found myself thinking, I am HOME. This is where I belong. I will never, ever work in some meaningless job again.

***

Tomorrow I will take M.O.B.B. out for her birthday. We've got our eye on a meal at Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine right here in Hurst.

They're the makers of my "death row" meal. Know what I mean? Were I on death row, their pork green curry would be the last meal I'd choose to consume before leaving for my execution.

***

The back is... sore, stiff. I'm okay though. I gutted out a Krav Maga class last night. Good stuff, with a cool technique for dealing with a threat from the rear.

I worked out with a big sonofagun, a nice guy. Strong guy, clearly, but muscling through everything. I held the tombstone pad as he worked on a kick, and I reminded him to get his hips into it. Every kick after that flung the bag out of my hands. I couldn't begin to keep both hands on it. Sore as my thumb was, I was glad to make a difference.

***

Got a stripe too.

***

Headed out in a bit to have some coffee and do some catching up with Hood.

***

Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very happy to hear that the new job is doing good things for you, and i'd love to hear more about it. and happy birthday to your bionic bride!