Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Confessions of a Bootleg Barney

It's true. Sometime in 1991 I was Barney. Well, a bootleg Barney, and by "bootleg" I'm referring to the fact that this costume wasn't licensed or approved of in any way by the actual Barney folks. It was a big, purple dinosaur costume, and my job was to wear it for a few hours at the grand opening of a CD store.

Let me just say that if you ever agree to do such a thing, take the first shift. Don't be a fool like me and take second shift. At that point the costume is soaked with sweat, and the smell's no walk in the park either.

The kids loved it though. Visibility through that giant headpiece is poor, so I could really only pick up limited movement. I had very little warning when kids ran full speed into my crotch. Luckily, Bootleg Barney had a padded crotch.

(And you thought BB stood for "Brian Briscoe")

***

The family is, finally, healthy. MOBB went to her new job Tuesday, daring to drive for only the second time since last week's episode that sent her to the ER. She's steadily improving, regaining her balance, but she's not at 100% yet.

THEBOY returned to school as well. He's bouncing off the walls, acting like his usual self.

***

I think I have a couple new readers poking around here, so let me just run through a few things some of ya'll may already be familiar with:

BB, that's me. Purveyor of fine blogitude.
MOBB, that's my wife, Kelli. Her nickname was MOB, which stood for "Mail-Order Bride" after she spent a chunk of last summer in Italy. Then she broke her wrist, and all the cool pins sticking out of it prompted me to add a word, making her Mail-Order Bionic Bride.
I refer to my kids as THEBOY and THEGIRL. I wish to play it safe and keep their names and some specifics about them off of this little site.

I think that covers all the names.

***

My sister and I are going to Louisiana this weekend to see some family. Cool! It's a long overdue trip, and I think we'll be glad we did it. Many thanks to our respective spouses for giving us the green light on this.

***

I had two presentations to make in my classes this week. The first one was with a group, and we were pretty well prepared. But on the day we did our group presentation I realized I had to have a pair of journal article presentations for class the next day. That was no fun, as I was at work when I realized this, and was going straight from there to my 6-9pm class. But I believe I pulled it off fairly well.

***

Not sure when I'll get to post next. Ya'll take care in any case.

No comments: