Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I have a hiccup in my brain

I'll post about the trip later, maybe tonight at the earliest.
 
***
 
Today is THEGIRL's third birthday. Hooray! I'm told she's taking cupcakes to school. We won't have a proper celebration today, as I won't get home from school until afer 9pm. Tomorrow night we'll do it up right though, with cake and all.
 
***
 
I have a hiccup in my brain. I can't say... cupcakes. I mean, I CAN. But... every time see them, my brain goes, "Muffins!" So I usually call them muffins, until someone says something. Then I pause, squint, and eventually spit out the word "cupcakes." Even when writing this I had to pause to remember the word cupcakes. Well, the first time anyway.
 
***
 
I'm listening to Jason Falkner again. This is Can You Still Feel?, the CD I was listening to back in late '04 and early '05 that somehow played an instrumental role my decision to go back to school and leave the cesspool that is television behind. Man, those years in commercial TV were just like a bad dream.
 
This is still a brilliant, lush, gorgeous little CD. Falkner's finally releasing the followup--in Japan.
 
I'm sure it'll make its way over here.
 
***
 
And now for a survey, ganked from Whit:
 

1. Height?
5'-11"


2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
Noooo. My last name is Briscoe, not Burroughs.

3. Do you own a gun?
Yes, a 9mm

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
No. Why would I?

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
They're warm and brown, and sometimes they're a meal.

7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
Little Drummer Boy

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Orange Juice.  Most mornings I'm also having hot tea now, and let me tell you, TEA AIN'T COFFEE.

9. Can you do push ups?
Sure. How many do you want? 50? 100?

10. Is your bathroom clean?

Not so much.

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
Wedding band, though it no longer fits my crooked finger now that I've lost weight. Need to get it re-sized.

12. Do you like painkillers?
Anti-inflammatories? I don't take them much. My liver goes bananas for as-yet-undetermined reasons, and some of these can provoke that. As far as heavier stuff like opiates or benzodiazepines, well, yes I like them, but I no longer take them. That dance ended years ago.

13. Oregon or Maine?
Do what now?

14. Do you have A.D.D.?
No

15. What's your favorite State?
Texas!

16. Middle Name?
Douglas

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
I don't want to go to cla ss tonight

I don't want to go to class tonight

I don't want to go to class tonight


18. Name the last 3 things you have bought?
A couple hoagies, a tank of gas, and some shrimp fried rice

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
Water, Orange Juice, and the tea

20.  Favorite food?

Tex Mex or pho

 

21.  Favorite way to unwind?

What is this "unwind" you speak of?

22. Current worry?
Nothing I'll get into here

23. Current hate?
I'm not so big on hate

24. Favorite place to be?
In the arms of any or every member of my family

25. How did you bring in the New Year?
I'm told I didn't snore

26. Where would you like to go?
Tokyo!

27. Do you own slippers?
Yes, some nice warm ones that MOBB got me for Christmas

28. What shirt are you wearing?
A blue Nike polo

29. Do you tan or burn
Tan mostly

30. Favorite color(s)?
Blue, maroon

31. Would you be a pirate?
For a little while. After the 10th consecutive time my wife molested me wearing that getup, I'd have to take it off and rest.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
"I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink" by Merle Haggard

34. What did you fear that w as going to get you at night as a child?
80s music

35. What's in your pockets right now?
Coins, hand sanitizer, moisturizer, cellphone, and a very angry looking tactical folding knife

36. Last thing that made you laugh?
Shekina's presentation in class last night was quite amusing.


37. Best bed sheets?
Flannel

38.Worst injury you've ever had?
I am impervious to injury.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house?
Three

41. Who is your loudest friend?
Dunno, though my son is the loudest human on the planet

42. Who is your most silent friend?
Again, dunno.

43. Does someone have a crush on you?
No way Jose


44. Do u wish on shooting stars?
No. When I see shooting stars they stop, do figure eights, zig-zag, then zip off across the sky while the pilot shoots me the bird with one of his 19 fingers.

45. What is your favorite book?
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck


47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding?
I don't recall what, if anything, got played. I hope it wasn't "It's Raining Men."


48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
"Jessica" by the Allman Brothers

 

49. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night?
Sleeping

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up??
Must... pee...

Second thing was: Why didn't the alarm turn on???

No comments: