Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bzzzzzzzz

I've been on the road for two days, traveling for work-related stuff. Each morning I jumped out of bed and just kept moving, all day.

Today it was a road trip to Austin that went well. It was great to get down to KLRU, even briefly, to see Toland and some of the folks I used to work with. I hadn't set foot in Studio 6A in way too many years.

But my whole body seems to be... humming. Buzzing. I'm a little out of my mind. Probably goes without saying.

***

Passing thoughts from the road:

We're born okay, then spend the rest of our days disintegrating.

I love you sweet leaf, though you can't hear.

This is where Shep and I watched that kid roll his Jeep that time. Amazing that he wasn't hurt. It was raining like hell though. We called the cops and split.

Rundberg, yeah, that was my exit. $295 a month for that apartment.

Welcome to the realm of the pirate kings.

We are the marauders, the guardians at the gates. We are less than the sum of our parts, though sometimes we're more.

When you say "pit bull" I think of this knife right here.

I don't remember who I sold that amp to. I don't remember selling that amp. Why did I sell that amp?

An uppercut that had "hospital" written all over it.

"When you were a younger man," yeah.

Slack-jawed mouth breathers with bad skin and teeth they could use to eat corn on the cob through a picket fence

Normal feels so damn strange.

No comments: