Friday, May 25, 2007

BZZT!

So the old shaver died, the beard trimmer. I was about ready for a new one anyway, as I'd dropped and broken the attachment long ago, and had to resort to using a comb to get the length right. It wasn't bad, but still took about three times longer than it should have.

I hit Walgreen's last night after working out and got a new trimmer.

Hair grows in the craziest damn places these days, and I do what I can to keep an eye out, making sure I don't have some crazy hair sticking out somewhere.

And sure enough, my eyebrows looked a little ragged.

I'll just trim that right quick, I thought.

BZZT.

And my eyebrow was gone.

***

I WISH I HADN'T DONE THAT.

***

I told MOBB what I'd done before showing her.

And she laughed.

And laughed.

And laughed some more.

Then she threw herself on the bed so she could laugh more comfortably.

She came over to have a close look at it. She said something about an eyebrow pencil, then laughed some more.

And, just to recover from all the laughing, she laughed a little more.

***

SO, there I was with, uh, one eyebrow.

It looked pretty damn strange. I considered shaving the other one too just for a sense of balance, but I was scared I'd look too much like that Russian spy who died of radiation poisoning.

I did trim the other one just a bit, for some reason. I managed to actually keep that eyebrow though.

I'm working a half day today, and will soon be in a roomful of my peers. Ball caps are not allowed at work.

You know... you play the hand you're dealt, even if you deal it to yourself.

***

Happy Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did ya hear the one about the nudist who bought a new trimmer at Walgreens...?

Well, I'm more of a joke concept guy than a punchline guy, so you can take it from here.

Have a nice, relaxing holiday weekend!

Jeff Prowse

Geoff said...

I've done this... didn't take the eyebrow all the way off, but it was much too short for comfort.... and then you are staring into the mirror wondering what to do with the other one....

Anonymous said...

once i was putting some bright orange streaks in my hair (i mean BRIGHT), and i realized after the fact that i got some on my eyebrow....fortunately, the hair dye looked bad, and i had to get black dye anyway to cover it up, so i just put a spot on the eyebrow too.