Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Squeezins

I haven’t disappeared.

I’ve been working out, doing stuff around the house, resting here and there, and putting together the Krav newsletter (http://www.myspace.com/dfwcontactcombat)

***

Friday morning I dreamed I was in the Florida Everglades on a flat-bottom boat, coasting along. The place was full of venomous snakes, alligators, and a spotted panther who was determined to get in the boat with me.

I’ll bet some sort of big felines really live there, but I doubt they’re spotted panthers.

***

My shipment of Turffalo should arrive today.

Say it: “Turffalo!”

***

Last night I dreamed I was with a group of people in some strange place. It was night, and we were in sort of an eye of a hurricane, more or less. A storm raged around us, but not a regular storm. No, this one featured wind, lightning, rain, and fire… things started just spontaneously combusting.

We were protected in this area, this group of people and I. We knew the storm was evil. Sure enough, a shadowy figure in a bowler hat walked forward. It was Satan. I crossed the barrier and threw a rock at him.

Then the dream ended.

***

When I was five, I had a nightmare after watching that Mexican movie, Santa Claus.

In the nightmare a tiny devil who looked just like Pitch (the devil) from the movie was chasing me around, tormenting me. I was terribly scared, but like I often do in these dreams, I reached a point where I got tired of running.

I turned and grabbed the little bugger.

He was hot, and I dropped him.

I grabbed him again, and squeezed, heat be damned. He struggled, and grew hotter and hotter, but finally I killed him.

***

The banana squeezing continues to be a hugely popular activity in my household.

Go ahead and joke, I don’t care. But there’s something about squeezing an overripe banana until it pops that makes little kids just go nuts.

***

I took the kids to the JuCo campus last night to see the rabbits. THEGIRL had never been. As soon as she saw one—ZOOM! She took off after it. It was hilarious! She’d see these tiny little bunnies and zip off after them.

She got mighty tired though, asking me to carry her back to the van. That’s a girl who rarely wants to be carried, let me tell you.

***

Scored two more As this semester in school—hurrah!

***

Ya’ll take care.

No comments: