Monday, May 14, 2007

It's Good to be the BB

Been a fine night here in the Briscoe Casa de Amor. Kids are in bed, I've had some Spaghetti-O's (hey, a man gets urges, okay?)...

And the laundry's done! Hey, it means a lot to me.

***

Good weekend here too. I had a good Krav workout Saturday morning, then came back in time to send MOBB off to get a Swedish massage. That went over pretty well.

When she returned she was kind enough to let me have a good nap. I guess the massage buttered her up just a bit.

The turffalo's here, and after a brief storm I got out and did one big swath of the yard with it. Grow turffalo grow!

***

Sunday was Mother's Day, of course. MOBB slept in for a while, getting up to some nice gifts and cards. And lo and behold, long about the time she got up I was wiped out, again. Nap time!

***

We hit Joe's Crab Shack for lunch, then zipped over to Southlake's town square to get some charms for her bracelet at the James Avery store.

Here's what Southlake is like, okay: Waiting outside the ice cream store I saw two brothers go in. Ages six and nine maybe. They're each wearing Under Armour shorts and sleeveless t-shirts. If you're not familiar with that brand of clothing, let me just say that each piece is about $40. Under Armour stuff never, ever goes on sale.

And shortly behind them came the mom, with 10 grand in fake boobs serving as direction indicators. Those things needed their own zoning ordinances.

***

I love women, I do. Beauty comes in so many varieties, and I don't mean to sound like a perv when I say it's a blessing to behold, this wondrous variety.

But for the women who get boob jobs, man, there's some something pathological going on there. And I mean for the women and for their partners.

***

But I digress.

Again, after a brief thunderstorm I hit the yard to work on the turffalo.

(Turffalo! Say it--it's fun!)

My buddy Ken came down the street to hang out a bit while I put in my little plugs. That really helped pass the time.

***

The new Porcupine Tree is really flippin' good. I listened to it all day at work for three days last week.

Needless to say, it holds up to repeated listens.

***

Time to call it a night.

No comments: