Thursday, September 04, 2008

Dry Dock?

I'm studying all the time for Monday's NCE exam. The book has 1050 practice questions. As of tonight, Thursday, I've reviewed 550 of them. Ideally, I'd like to take Sunday off to rest my brain, but I'm not sure I can cover the next 500 questions over the next two days. Maybe.

So if I have a rather diminished online presence until after the test, that's why.

Of course, as I was explaining to Toland, the nerd in me compels me to read and write when I'm taking breaks from reading and writing. So maybe I'll update, maybe not.

***

A few quick hits:

THEGIRL has upheld her end of the bargain and successfully transitioned to full-blown toilet use. Therefore, we are getting a cat tomorrow. He is mostly black, has white-tipped paws, is eight weeks old, and is currently named (ready for this?)... Titan.

There's much discussion about renaming him. THEGIRL liked my suggestion, Ringo. A real effort's been made to continue with the mythological names since we're such Harryhausen fans here. I didn't mind Perseus, because I'd call him Percy. It's kinda soulful, no? But THEGIRL has been referring to him as Titan today, so the deal may be done.

*

My test is at 9am Monday, and it lasts for 4 hours. It's taken on a computer, and it's pass/fail, 200 questions. I'll get my results the same day. I'm told it's comparable in difficulty to our grad program's exit exam. I thought that test was quite difficult.

Assuming I pass it, I will be an LPC-i (Licensed Professional Counselor Intern). I'll be able to get PAID at that point.

*

Kelli's church has graciously offered me office space in which to counsel. I am looking into it. I will soon meet with an LPC supervisor who may take me on so that I can work at the church. I'll spare you the specifics.

*

Randy Couture is returning to the UFC, figuring perhaps that the best way to end his contract squabble is to actually do his fighting in the octagon instead of the courtroom.

He's facing much ballyhooed Brock Lesnar.

Couture is an elite athlete who has won many titles in multiple weight classes and disciplines. He has also trained some terrific fighters as well.

Brock Lesnar used to be in the WWE, and he has won one (1) fight in the UFC.

I sure as heck hope the rest of the card is good, because I expect Couture to defeat Lesnar in about 38 seconds.

*

Our local coffee shop has an open mic night on Mondays, and I'm seriously considering working up a few tunes and giving it a shot. The material has to be family-friendly though, which eliminates a lot more of my songs than you might realize.

Note to self: Learn some happy tunes.

*

I have a business trip to New Orleans later this month.

*

That's about it. I've been working hard in anticipation of this test. I think I'll pass it. People have given me grief about taking the summer off before testing, but I don't think it was a mistake. I think I earned the time off to rest and decompress. And looking through this book, I'm remembering a lot of what's here without much difficulty so far.

Y'all take care. I'll holler when I can.

No comments: