Saturday, November 01, 2008

Vision

I received my license today. I can start practicing.

Until I finish these next 3000 hours, though, I will be LPC-i (licensed professional counselor intern).

I feel rather official though.

***

One day when I was working at Larry's Music, a teenager playing a cheap bass ran out the door with it.

My coworker was in the men's room. "Call the police!" I yelled as I ran out the door after the kid.

He cut around back of the store, across the vacant lot. A Toyota Tercel was waiting for him with the back door open. He threw in the bass, but the car took off before he could get in. He was holding onto the door as he was dragged down the street on his bare knees, yelling, "Stop! Stop! Stop the car!"

I couldn't catch up, but I had plenty of time to memorize the license plate number as the car drove away.

We reported it to the police. I'm not sure if they were supposed to give us this information, but we got the thieves' home address. In the days before the police actually did anything, I drove by there often.

Finally the police stepped in. We prosecuted the little punks. I can't remember the specifics, but we did everything we could.

We got the bass back. They'd repainted it with this pretty sweet skull and crossbone look, really punked it up.

We ended up selling it for $10 more than we'd originally had it listed.

***

Halloween was good. Heck, given the weather and the kids' patience and overall haul, I might call it perfect save for the fact that only one group came by here.

***

I'm waiting for the football game. Can you believe it? I'm actually interested in watching UT play Texas Tech.

***

Had a fine lunch with new father Danny Henley today. I wanted his input regarding some interesting job developments. I must say, he has a real knack for shedding light on a situation, for clarifying things in a way that works very well for me.

And his kid is just a cute as a bug!

***

Something interesting happened today. I had to stand up for what I believe in. I won't claim it was altogether easy, but ultimately it was the right thing to do.

***



The group that went on the cruise.

Our CEO's husband has a pistol to her head. Dark, but funny!

***

The mighty Whit McClendon had a birthday yesterday. I'm told he took a nap, ate some sweets, did some martial arts stuff, and read a good book.

Dang, that guy must have birthdays about five times a week...

***

My vision is so very clear sometimes, but I don't know whether or not that's a blessing or a curse.

***

Have a good weekend.

No comments: