Monday, November 12, 2007

I Wish I Could Tell You

about the clients I saw today, and how they made it clear they're going to break my heart.

And how they gave me hope.

***

about the amends I made.

***

about the feeling of serenity I had yesterday at Heather's.

***

how a winter gust on a train platform in Madrid is somehow far colder than anything else I've ever experienced.

***

how many times I've gone into the same Starbucks, and for how many years, before they finally remembered my name.

***

about this empathic ache I get sometimes.

***

about the pride I take in having Wolfboy proclaim that I'm the best trampoline jumper.

***

what it's like to step into one of the great cathedrals in London or Spain and be so overwhelmed by... something. I don't claim it's God; I think it's the overwhelming statement of faith in each brick.

No comments: