Friday, November 30, 2007

I

It’s all about me today. Me me me.

What about MY needs?

Me.

[Okay, so is this any different than any other day?]

***

I…

“… don’t want it. I just need it.” Some random lyric from some Tool song. They’re one of those bands whose song titles sometimes seem totally unrelated to the actual songs, so this is probably called “Parabola Festules on the Amygdala” or something.

*

… got called out in class last night for my sloppy APA style on a paper I turned in. “How did you get through this whole program without being able to…?”

I can. I do. I didn’t say much. I find myself tempted now to do some clarification after the fact: The week that paper was due included recurring words like “cancer,” “ICU,” and “overtime,” not to mention the fact that I was writing another paper. Ever nodded off at a computer? I’ve done it more times this semester than ever before. Still, explaining this feels like it’d be a lame excuse.

*

“…want you to want me.” Cheap Trick

*

… need to start working out again.

*

… have a lot of answers now. But I need more.

*

…think you need to hear some Helmet today:


*

…emailed the prof about my paper. I just felt like I’d disappointed her.

*

…am feeling a bit overwhelmed in a lot of different areas.

*

…am getting more attention than I need or want.

*

…have been invited to a party.

*

… think you need to hear some Billie Holiday today:


*

…need to stay grounded

*

…wish I could sing

*

…need to get back to work.


*

…want you to have a good Friday.

No comments: