Monday, November 19, 2007

Pumpkins/Holiday Survey


Had a good time seeing the Smashing Pumpkins with Hood last night. I like Nokia Live over in Grand Prairie.

Billy Corgan et al led the current Pumpkins incarnation through more than 90 minutes of beautifully distorted, tripped out, metal-tinged rock. Corgan's voice sounded good and the band was tight. Jimmy Chamberlain is one monstrously good drummer. The set was this metal framework of lighting girders both above and across the stage. I knew about a third of the songs, though they played all my favorites, including "Drown." Oh, and they covered Black Sabbath's "Iron Man." Yep.

***

But I'm tired. Tired tired tired.

***

Oh, I'm tired of growing old. 39 is fine. Yep. Let's stop the clock right here.

***

Now for a holiday survey, courtesy of the mighty Maria.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I like egg nog quite a bit, even if I drink it nog-free these days.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He just leaves them there. Sometimes he's up late assembling them, and wrapping gifts cheeses him off anyway. Really.

3. Colored lights (on tree/house )or white?
I prefer white on the house, though MOBB calls the shots on this, so we end up putting up all sorts of crazy lights. On the tree we have gone to all red, I believe.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. Why?

5. When do you put up your decorations?
Whenever MOBB tells me. No, that's not true. I do it about a week later than she tells me, so she's good and irritated at me.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I still like green bean casserole. Really.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
So many mornings, so many times when the tree just looked like it exploded with gifts. I can't pick one.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth? What are you talking about? Truth? Is there some secret? What are you snickering at?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes. Yes, I believe we do.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Slowly and grouchily.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
DREAD it. It's cold, it's wet, it gets in my eyes, and I usually drive off the road at even the lightest dusting of it.

12. Can you ice skate?
I've never tried. Still, I'm fairly certain the answer is no.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I always receive good gifts. Um... So many toys... musical stuff... CDs, even clothes... can't pick.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Seeing the kids enjoy themselves.

15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
I'm usually glad to get something with coconut in it. MOBB doesn't care for it, so we don't ever have it at home.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I do enjoy driving the kids around to look at lights.

17. What tops your tree?
It's a red bird.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
"Little Drummer Boy," though I love a good version of "O Holy Night." That is, I like the versions where the singer can nail the high note.

20. Candy Canes?
Do I like them? I guess so.

21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized?
Sure.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Where were your seats?