Friday, March 21, 2008

Greetings from Glen Rose, Texas

Wolfboy and I are here to check out some of the dinosaur-related stuff. Along the banks of the Paluxy River are some well-preserved dinosaur tracks. The water level's high, though, so most of them are covered up. We got a good look at a few though. Pretty cool.

This is me at an overlook. The drop behind me is quite high and steep.

And below is Wolfboy, beneath a statue of an apatosaurus (if I recall). With the bright sun I couldn't really see the screen on my cellphone at all, so it's no surprise I cut off the dino's head.



Anyway, it's been a grand time. We hiked, we walked barefoot across the river, and then came back to the hotel for sodas and snacks.

Tomorrow we'll hit Dinosaur World and Fossil Rim wildlife something or another. You know, it's one of those wildlife parks where you drive through instead of walking. I think he'll like it.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That sounds so cool. How far is it from my place?