Sunday, March 09, 2008

Life's Little Adventures

MOBB may have finally recovered from the stomach bug that hit this household last week. By Friday night she was to the point where I think she'd decided that as long as she was going to feel bad anyway, she might as well eat something she enjoyed more than chicken noodle soup. So she had some enchiladas. You may be shaking your head, okay, but I've BEEN there. I understand. One can only eat so much chicken noodle soup.

***

Saturday morning I took Wolfboy to a health fair with me. He indulged himself on the bounce houses while I did work stuff at the table (aka eating cookies and chatting to whoever strolled by).

This was one of his favorites. You put on a harness attached to a bungee cord, then take off running as fast and hard as you can. At some point the bungee cord snaps you back, and you go tumbling end over end.

It's great fun for a child. For an adult, it's six months of chiropractor visits.

***

Last night I just needed to lose myself in something else for a while, so I put on that first Lord of the Rings movie. It was good to change up the routine.

Mighty fine film there. I never got into fantasy fare much, and I know I speak blasphemy when I admit that the whole Star Wars franchise didn't do much for me. But I must say that I do enjoy the LotR movies.

***

I slept in today, bigtime. SSRIs seem to have that effect on me. For the first time in my life I'm just not in such a hurry to get up. The bed feels good!

So today I lay there, just drifting in and out of sleep, letting my mind go wherever. Not a bad way to start the day.

***

BB's current therapy: "Misery and Gin" by Merle Haggard

***

And it was a lazy day the whole way around. Between sleeping in and the time change, I must say that the day seemed to slip by in a hurry.

THEGIRL knew exactly what she wanted though. She wanted to dress up like Batgirl and watch some Batman/Batgirl cartoons.

***

You ever see someone who is roughly your age, someone who strikes you as having at least a little snap, but they're working a menial job and you wonder why?

That was the case at Wally World tonight. This man was a little older than I. He watched the scanner intently as he cracked a few funny jokes. Someone asked him how he was doing, and he said he'd be better when he got off--at 7am the next morning. That's a bad shift.

I paid, and he handed me my receipt, looking directly at me for the first time. He said something about going to the Wal Mart website to enter a contest, and that's when I had my answer: His breath smelled like a brewery.

***

Ya'll take care and have a good Monday.

2 comments:

amcnew said...

Hmmm... I've never considered pairing bat wings with pearls before. Very avant garde!

Amanda said...

I love the pearls!