Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Birthday Boy

Today is Wolfboy's seventh birthday. He's pleased as punch.

He got to go to school in his pajamas. It's something to do with a field trip they're going on today, which includes a train ride. Tonight we'll have dinner at a place of his choosing. I'm told it'll be Cici's Pizza or Taco Bell. I believe I'll take a lunch box.

***

Amanda seemed to have a good visit, and we were certainly glad to see her. She and MOBB made a stab at meeting Duran Duran after the concert. Keep an eye on her blog for the details.

***

I had a terrific session with a client last night. Sometimes you feel like you're reaching, like you're spinning your wheels. Other times the client comes in and you can tell from the start that there's been improvement. This client had really touched my heart (perhaps too much so). But the whole family expressed their gratitude, and it just made my evening to hear that from them.

***

$4675.00The Cadaver Calculator - Find out how much your body is worth.




Some thoughts on the players implicated in the Mitchell report:

Rick Ankiel--The juice didn't help him hit his spots, eh?

David Bell--Like son, like father

Mike Bell--Like father, like son

Barry Bonds--No heartfelt apology will be enough.

Kevin Brown--No surprise

Roger Clemens--THIS ought to be interesting

Eric Gagne--Ouch

Jason Giambi--A good case for a mediocre player's stats going through the roof due to the drugs

Jeremy Giambi--A good case for a mediocre player's stats going nowhere because he didn't have enough talent to actually enhance

Jerry Hairston, Jr.--Dang, I like this guy. Rides the pine a bit, but is willing to go out and play hard wherever they put him.

Chuck Knoblauch--This one hurts too. Despite his tenure with the Yankees, I always liked Knoblauch, thought he played the game right until he got the yips and could no longer make the throw to first base.

Paul Lo Duca--Just signed a fat contract with the Nationals. I wonder what will happen now.

Gary Matthews Jr--A former Ranger. I liked him too. Gotta say that this now brings to mind watching him and some other Rangers take batting practice one day in spring training. He was hitting them well out of the field, and I thought, Wow--who knew Matthews had such pop?

Andy Pettitte--Tsk tsk. And after he so vehemently denied it.

John Rocker--Well DUH

Benito Santiago--Funny, I also remember seeing Santiago in spring training many years ago and being startled at how ripped he was, especially for an older guy.

David Segui--Just SCREAMED it

Gary Sheffield--Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Ismael Valdez--Another former Rangers. This saddens me. He was a good go-to pitcher for a while who'd eat up innings and win some games. Always had a good attitude.

Mo Vaughn--What, did he inject the steroids into chicken fried steaks and then eat them?

Randy Velarde--Yep. Yep yep yep. Like Santiago, another ripped old guy.

Matt Williams--Dang. Dang. I always liked him.

Gregg Zaun--A former Rangers catcher. I liked Zaun too. Drag.

***

Ha!


***

And since I've been on a Neil Young kick....

2 comments:

Michael said...

Great Neil Young performance. I wonder what year that was? It looks 70s, definitely pre-Rust Never Sleeps.

Amanda said...

I want to know why your and Anita's cadavers are worth more to medical science? I am jealous.