Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Captain Milquetoast Checks In

MOBB and Amanda are out right now at the Duran Duran concert. It's the second time they've gone to see them together. Last time they really enjoyed it.

***

So I wrangled the kids tonight, giving THEGIRL a bath and Wolfboy a shower.

[They really thrive on making things difficult, don't they? They couldn't agree on one method of getting clean, nooooo...]

***

And they're in his bed now, bunking together for the second night since we decided to put my sister on THEGIRL's bed.

I went in a little while ago, and they were busted. There it was, well past bedtime, and they weren't making any attempt at going to sleep; they had comic books open.

"Sshh! We're reading commish!" said THEGIRL.

Wolfboy gave me a guilty look, but it was all just too cute. I couldn't reprimand them for it. "Just don't stay up too late," I told them.

***

In order to set the cosmic balance right since Duran Duran's in town and all, I hereby present to you a classic Neil Young clip fromThe Johnny Cash Show.


***

Watching more Live Aid performances. Clapton's set is pretty good, energetic. He really tore up "White Room."

***

You ever feel like a singer is singing just for you?

***

On a completely unrelated note, here's another Neil Young clip.

This song is called "F*ckin' Up," and it is NOT safe for work.

***

God, Jack Nicholson emcee'd some of Live Aid... how is it that I'd forgotten that? I mean... it's Jack. Can you think of a more unlikely candidate to host such a thing?

Okay, maybe you can, but he's not exactly top of the list now is he?

***

I'm croaky. Dang congestion. But I deserve this for jogging in the doggone 38 degree weather. Believe me.

***

Good night.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Two of my favorite Neil Young songs. I've always wanted to learn to play "Fuckin' Up." Not sure why I haven't. Maybe because I could never approach that kind of falling-apart genius. That must be why more bands don't cover this song.

Amanda said...

"Reading commish," that is too cute.