Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'm

I'm listening to a client, thinking, You deserve better than this. I am going to help you in any way I can. The hair is standing up on my arms.

***

I'm at a little get-together, listening to Clifton Chenier, BB King, Muddy Waters, and Charles Brown. And I'm not even the host. There is a God.

***

I'm rattled by my client, going through what's called "countertransference." To us regular folks, it means something he said hit a nerve. But I'm focusing on him, not going to explore my own stake in this. At least not to the extent I once might have.

***

I'm driving home, listening to "Dreams" by the Allman Brothers. Brilliant, just brilliant.

***

I'm sitting here in the silence, which is never silent for me. That's why I hate windchimes: I hear them all the time anyway.

***

I'm avoiding going to bed for some reason.

***

I'm tired.

***

I'm on Myspace and see that my site's been hacked again. I'm mighty damn close to just bailing out of that useless site altogether.

***

I'm trying. I am.

1 comment:

Michael said...

One thing I've noticed about MySpace hacking: it's directly related to how active you are on your site. I get bogus messages from bands' MySpace accounts all the time, and they're invariably from sites that haven't been updated or, likely, even looked in on in months.

If you want to prevent the hacking, you need to do more with your MySpace page and on a regular basis. That said, since this is your main outlet, maybe you don't really need the MySpace page. Besides, all the cool kids are on Facebook now, right? Whatever that is.