Thursday, January 10, 2008

Geode Update

Wolfboy got the geode! That other kid, even when looking right at it, would only say "duh" to the office lady for some reason. She said she gave him every chance to claim it, but he did not. She handed it over to my son and told him to take it.

Wolfboy was elated! I'm so happy for him. As I put it in his backpack, I suggested he leave it in there and not show it off, just to avoid any awkwardness. Chase is in his daycare.

As I walked him to class, he counted the days he'd been patient over this, even throwing in today. I'm proud of the little guy. My Lobito!

4 comments:

amcnew said...

Sounds like a terrific kid, albeit a little on the serious side... like his father.

Amanda said...

Wow. What a cool lesson in good things come to those who wait!

Geoff said...

huh?? Theres a sixth grader in his daycare??? unpack this please....

BB said...

Good catch, G-Par. Technically I think it's called "after-care." That is, after school lets out they herd a bunch of kids into the lunch room and they stay there until parents can pick them up.