Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bejeebers

It's early Saturday evening. MOBB is napping, the kids are watching Charlie Brown, and I'm just chillin'.

***

Valentine's Day went well enough. I was in class that night, so the kids were in charge of giving the little gifts they'd selected to MOBB. Wolfboy hid them here and there, and it went over pretty well.

***

Something funny happened that day as my supervisor and I went to the main office for the staff party. I held the door open and heard the counseling admin saying something about a gentleman. At first I didn't know what she was talking about. Turns out it was me. Here's what she said, best as I can remember:

"You're such a gentleman. There aren't enough gentlemen anymore. I'd marry you. You'd make a good husband. I been married 35 years. You better hope my husband doesn't die, cuz if he does I'm coming after you. I'm gonna seduce you, and I'll be good at it too."

***

Ha!

***

I didn't sleep worth a plug nickel last night. This morning I was in a bad way for many hours. It finally passed, but too late for me to go to Krav at 10. Dang.

***

Tonight I'm going to watch the Kimbo Slice/Tank Abbott fight at my buddy Ken's house. I'm looking forward to it.

Kimbo and Tank are two brawlers, and this is going to be one of those fights where two big guys just try to beat the bejeebers out of each other. It won't exactly be a clinical display of martial arts prowess.

***

Ya'll have a good weekend.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You grew up with a great male role model. I wonder sometimes about my dh. The other night we ate out, and he (as always) ordered for himself first. I commented on it, and the fact that ladies are supposed to go first. He made a crack about the fact that no, men are first.

I told him flatly that he is not being a good example for our male child. THAT was a pleasant dinner!

amcnew said...

There truly aren't enough gentlemen left in the world. Kudos to you. Maybe you can teach a class. I know lots of ladies that would sign up their significant others.

Amanda said...

Anita,

Yes, I would sign mine up!