Sunday, February 10, 2008

The family that lives together rocks together

BB's current therapy: Bad Brains LIVE at CBGB 1982

***

It's a beautiful day. MOBB is over in Dallas somewhere, doing some work thing or something.

***

THEGIRL was up most of the night, sick. She's fine now, keeping her food down. No fever.

Why do these bugs always strike overnight?

***

So I spent all morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.

Not much sleep does that to a boy.

I struggled to come out of it, to find a peaceful place in me. Hard to explain I guess.

Eventually, I found it.

***

Now I feel great.

I feel ready. For anything.

Try me.

***

From a moment ago...

Me: "Hey [Wolfboy], this is a kind of music you maybe never heard before. It's punk rock. It's all ugly sounding and they dance funny and have funny haircuts. They're called BAD BRAINS."

Wolfboy: "Maybe that's why they're not very good."

Me: "What?!? I like this!"

Wolfboy: "I don't like their look."

***

Plebian!

***

Eh, I plan to play The Kids are Alright after this. The family that lives together rocks together.

***

I'm not even sure what that means.

***

Step right up, get your ticket punched. Only seven to go.

***

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

No, scratch that. pay lots of attention to him.

***

I think my Tang has fermented.

***

I hurt in all those places I got punched yesterday. But it's a good hurt..

***

I should get out and sun myself at some point I guess. Find some place to stretch out like a cat, feel the goodness.

***

All right, this laundry isn't gonna fold itself. Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor little girl. I have also wondered why the bugs strike at night, so that everyone gets to stay up all night.

I love the "family that lives together" bit. Love it!

Michael said...

I think Wolfboy's a bit young for "WwwwOOOOOWWWRRLLLLShebaaaaaablargblargblargblargblarglblarrrrrrg!"