Monday, April 14, 2008

BB Be Better

I've heard from a lot of folks who wish me well, and I just want to say thank you.

It's Monday evening around 9:15pm, and I'm much better. I seem to be catching a cold or respiratory infection, but it beats (by far) how I felt last night. My nose is running and I've got drainage, but I'll take that. Some folks insist this is the "flu-like symptoms" that can accompany withdrawal, but I dunno.

Regardless, I haven't had Effexor in 3 days. I'm feeling like I'm going to live.

***

But man am I tired. I've had four cookies and an iced coffee the size of a barge. Still, I'm about to park my fanny at the corner of Crash and Burn.

***

Here's what I can tell you, even as sick and tired as I feel:

I'm going to be fine.

I'm going to wear a nice shirt and tie tomorrow, and I'm going to stand tall.

I'm stubborn.

I'm not... often... intimidated. That can work for or against me.

I'm not prepared to settle in this life or any other.

I want to be treated like I'm awfully damn important, and you know, I want that for every person I love too.

I'm protective.

***

And... I'm so tired that I'm loopy and rambling. Good night.

2 comments:

amcnew said...

Hey... you DO look a little taller today..........

Liegh said...

I feel your pain, toots. I went thru it myself and got off Effexor the first chance I got. No medicine should be worse than the ailment that it is curing.

That being said, life is being a pain for you right now with everything going on. I am sure that just as soon as some of that gets resolved, the stress and issues will float away. Until then... Remember to Breathe. And count. Counting will help immensely!!

*hugs*
Liegh