Saturday, April 12, 2008

Etc.

When I decided to write this post, I had a couple ideas. Good ones too.

I still have them and will take a stab at them, but it's late and I'm tired. Bear with me if I stumble a bit.

***

I woke up this morning--

(bum BAH buh bum... oh, wait, this isn't the opening to a blues song...)

(Quick: What's inscribed on a bluesman's headstone? Give up? "I didn't wake up this morning...")

...anyway...

Yeah, I got up at 6:30 and spent about 10 solid minutes staring into my closet, wondering what the heck to wear for the health fair I was to attend. Have I ever mentioned that I'm not a morning person? If I don't plan that stuff the night before, it just completely befuddles me to pick my clothes in the morning.

All that work, and I just ended up in a cheap polo shirt and jeans.

Still, I looked good.

***

So I worked the health fair, which was fine and dandy. No unicycling fiddlers, jump-ropers, stuffed porcupines, or yodelers at this one though. Dang.

***

The day was largely uneventful. I napped this afternoon, and for the second time in a row dreamed I had some horrible, terminal disease.

***

Did some yard work in the late afternoon, had supper, then hit the coffee shop to write a paper for school.

(At this point you may have noticed that yes, after an evening of writing, I unwind by doing some more writing. Everyone say it together now: THAT BOY AIN'T RIGHT.)

The grouchy couple from last night were there. I swear, the woman was giving her email address to some other guy as I walked past, on my way to the farthest seat away from them in the whole room.

***

Nah, I'm going to wait on my treatise on violence and self-medication. I'm just too bloody tired. Ya'll have a great weekend.

No comments: