Sunday, April 13, 2008

Withdrawing

I'm sick.

I'm supposed to be tapering off of the Effexor. The method the doc prescribed is a bit short and counter-intuitive. I'm supposed to take one full dose every 48 hours for a week, then stop.

I can tell you that it's not working out so far. My first spell hit the other morning, and it was no fun.

This one hit late this afternoon, and it's far worse.

The symptoms:

Dizziness
Nausea
Sweats
Runny nose
Sinus drainage
Gut malaise
Difficulty concentrating

I'm not shaking like I was the other day, but still, I feel like I'm in some damn scene from Trainspotting.

I'm due for another dose long about now, but as long as I feel this bad I think I'll just try to go to sleep. Maybe it seems backwards, but if I can sleep tonight and wake up feeling okay, maybe I can be done with this stuff altogether.

I'd like to just... not have to jack with it anymore.

I feel pretty doggone strange right now though.

But I'll live.

Hope you're all finer than frog hair.

***



THEGIRL took this photo of me tonight at Braum's.

1 comment:

amcnew said...

That picture is creepy, if you ask me. I'm just sayin'.....