Monday, April 21, 2008

Mr. Woolly, Reporting for Duty

I once shook Lyle Lovett's hand. He was nice: "My name's Lyle. What's yours?" I'm told he's a distant relative, but that he never shows up to family reunions.

***

Good weekend here I suppose. I got my hair cut Saturday morning. I got tired of the mop. My hair gets curly when it gets long, and about 10% of the time I'd walk past a mirror and think, Saaaaaaaaaay.....

The other 90% of the time I'd think I was looking at the Homo Erectus exhibit at the local science museum.

Anyway, I'm currently enjoying the services of an actual hair stylist. On the one hand, I find it odd that he asked for almost no input regarding what I wanted. On the other hand, he got it right.

Okay, so, the before and after:



It always seemed to hover somewhere between attractive and "mad scientist." I had people say things to me like, "You're good looking, but you need a haircut" and "So you just gave up on getting your hair cut?" and "I WONDERED what you'd been doing since Foghat broke up."

And here we go:



Ladies and Hood, please try to restrain yourselves.

***

I once shook Willie Nelson's hand. He had just come off stage at Austin City Limits after a good show. I wonder how many joints he's rolled with that hand?

***

God the house is a wreck.

***

Watched Enchanted with MOBB last night. It had a lot of critters in it.

It was cute though.

***

I once shook Buddy Guy's hand. I was avoiding a girl and happened to see him leaving Antone's. It worked out well the whole way around.

***

I just read that when I participate in the robing ceremony, I'm supposed to wear a jacket.

Hm.

I don't believe i currently have one of those. I had a fine navy blazer for years, but some moths found it quite delicious at one point. Dang.

***

Big, interesting things coming up. Constant motion, y'all.

***

I'd better go eat some breakfast. Boogie on.

3 comments:

amcnew said...

Yes, I'd say the stylist got it quite right.

Nice shot of the shower curtain, too!

Liegh said...

If you think your hair was bad, you should have seen Michael's... but then again, I think he should grow his hair long.

And for the record... I thought you were just fine the other way as well. :P

Now get back to work!

Liegh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.