Friday, June 27, 2008

Broken

Lyrics to a random, sadly-overlooked Elvis Costello song:

"Broken"

If I am frightened then I can hide it
If I am crying, I'll call it laughter
If I am haunted, I'll call it my imaginary friend
If I am bleeding, I'll call it my wine

But if you leave me then I am broken
And if I'm broken then only death remains

If I am drifting, then I can fight it
If I am sinking, no-one will know it
If I am blinded I'll have my voices still to guide me
If they yet fled away I'd bless the silence

But if you leave me then I am broken
And if I'm broken then only death remains

***

You can click the title of this post to hear the song.

***

I'll post in greater detail at some point soon...

Had a fine baseball trip to Houston this week. Spent time with buddies, saw the Rangers lose 4-3 (thanks again, Bruiser), sparred with Whit...

Yeah. The sparring.

Here's how THAT went:

2 attempts at single-leg takedowns, which failed.
1 attempt at a Krav Maga takedown, which also failed.
1 attempt at an ogoshi which (say it together now) failed.

However, I'm told that during one of the single-legs I actually picked him up, and that THAT is probably when I threw out my back...

Yeeeeeeeeah. Wednesday night was very painful. I hobbled out to see Get Smart, which was hysterically funny. The long walk back to the car, though, was difficult.

I'm better since then. I can stand upright at least.

Gotta jet. Be good.

2 comments:

amcnew said...

Now, see, if you had been running around a track the last 4 weeks carrying a keg (like Whit) then maybe, MAYBE, you would have been prepared for picking his 200 lb booty up off the ground.

I'm just sayin'....

Glad you had a good time, mi amigo.

Michael said...

Interestingly enough, that Costello song was written by Cait O'Riordan, his wife at the time.