Saturday, June 07, 2008

FRUSTRATED

I have some ideas for good posts.

Maybe I'll get to them at some point.

Maybe not.

***

I'd like for things to be easy.

***

Maybe I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

***

I lost my pocket knife. Really. Again. Damn it.

***

I ran 3 miles Thursday night in winds the weatherman called "28 to 44mph gusts." Half the lap would be easy, half would be miserable. I'd run into the wind, half crazy, saying aloud, "@#$% you I won't do what you tell me."

***

And I won't. I won't be controlled.

***

A guy in a parking garage snuck into a spot that a woman in another car was clearly waiting for. She'd gotten there first, had her signal on... he thought he'd be cute, perhaps, and zip in ahead of her.

She got out, went to his window, said something, and he put it in reverse and left.

Wow. That actually worked.

***

Frustrated is how Wolfboy felt after the fishing derby today. He caught two decent channel cats, one just over a pound and one just shy of two pounds. Couple hundred kids there today, but he didn't win one of the ten trophies. He cried about it off and on for maybe a half hour.

Frustrated is how I felt too, because I'm completely different from that. He was willing to consider the whole morning a loss because of that. I personally don't work like that. I try to allow him his feelings, of course, but when he overreacts like that, about the best thing I can do is put distance between us. I lost patience with it.

***

I'm turning in. Good night.

1 comment:

amcnew said...

Bless his little heart. These are hard lessons to learn at any age.