Monday, June 16, 2008

Hulk

Happy Monday.

***

Yesterday was a decent day, though I went to bed too late and still didn't sleep in. But the kids drew me nice pictures, and we had a good noodle lunch. I got to watch the winning half of the Rangers' split with the Mets, and that was good.

Admittedly, I've not had the sunniest disposition lately.

I guess it was appropriate, then, that I went to see The Incredible Hulk.



I wanted to see it, but I was also screening it to see if it's okay to take Wolfboy.



A few scattered cursewords don't concern me that much. And even the brutal fight at the end with the Abomination wasn't THAT bad. It's not like we saw blood and guts.

Yeah, there's one shot of a man in the hospital that's likely to disturb Wolfboy since he's tangled with the Hulk and he's a bloody mess. Well, he looks more like a giant bruise.

But it's the scene in which the army uses these sonic cannons to try to subdue the Hulk that concerns me the most, believe it or not. The sound was deafening, and it was about to subdue ME. I had my fingers jammed in my ears and my eyes closed (the latter was involuntary, just a reaction to the discomfort). I swear that if we take Wolfboy he might have to take earplugs or something.



But I enjoyed the movie for sure. It was much better than the ponderous Ang Lee version from, what, '03?

And yes, I took these photos. I was texting Wolfboy from the theater. He wanted updates as to what the Hulk was doing, whether he was winning or losing, that sort of thing.

***

Big day at work. Better jet.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Funny how the very green Hulk look so grey in your photos.

amcnew said...

I just think it is funny that you were taking pictures of the movie at the movies.

BB said...

Hey, he wanted updates! I was doing play by play AND color analysis...

Geoff said...

The whole concept of live updates from a movie is just cracking me up. I mean the boy knows its not happening live.... Like my Dad used to say "I wanted to watch it again to see if the ending had changed"