Sunday, January 25, 2009

The BB Protein Shake

In summer of '07, I was in good shape. I almost had pecs, almost had biceps. I was almost comfortable shirtless.

Life intervened. The shirt went back on.

I haven't ever descended into total sloth, at least. Any given time I've needed to work out or exert myself I've gotten by.

Now, I want it back. As my busy schedule allows, I am getting back into Krav. I joined the new school. I'm doing my pushups too. I want it back.

It's hard for me to get enough protein. I'm not a big meat eater, so it's a struggle.

Here's the protein shake I've been enjoying lately. THEGIRL helped me make one a few minutes ago:

3 scoops of Genisoy protein powder
12 ounces of 2% organic milk
4 tablespoons of peanut butter
About a teaspoon of honey

Blend. That's slightly more than 50 grams of protein, and it tastes great. Genisoy doesn't sweeten their powder as far as I can tell. I don't recognize all of the ingredients, but I don't think any of them are sweeteners. That works well, as it lacks that odd zing with which so many other powders make you deal.

Sometimes I'll drop in a banana for a few more calories, maybe as a breakfast drink. Then the honey isn't necessary.

THEGIRL loves it. Wolfboy doesn't care for it.

No comments: