Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Ice, BB

Well, we're iced in here. That includes the kids. Suddenly I'd like to go back to work so I can rest up.

***

I've pre-ordered my copy of Roger Joseph Manning's Catnip Dynamite CD, which was available in Japan for so long.

You should do the same.

AND, Manning should tell his buddy Jason Falkner to release the Japan-only I'm OK You're OK here too.

***

Yeah, so last night I got around to changing the burned-out bulb in the oven. As with most of my little projects, I made it harder than it needed to be. I took out the whole fixture instead of just taking off the cover. Hey, it was hard to see in there.

Wolfboy was holding the flashlight for me. As I struggled to replace the wire that holds the cover, I jerked the fixture by accident.

The result: sparks, and a puff of smoke.

Wolfboy took a deep breath before yelling to the whole house:

"THAT... WAS... AWESOME!!! Blue sparks and smoke!"

Glad I could amuse you, kid.

***

I have also pre-ordered my copy of the new Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) solo album, Insurgentes.

It comes with a CD, a DVDA (which I assume is a 5.1 mix of the CD--THAT would be cool), and an autographed jewel case booklet.

Get yours.

I love you, Newbury Comics. Will you marry me?

***

Repeat after me: Texas wants Ben Sheets.

***

Speaking of 5.1 mixes, my friend Ken Baum has been ripping me some lately. Beatles, Chicago, REM... he got me the two-CD Fragile (Nine Inch Nails), and you know, I have no idea when I'll get to hear it, as it'll only play in my DVD player. MOBB won't sit through that. I guess I can't blame her.

***

I have just been going non-stop lately. I've been in several trainings for work. When I'm home, I'm doing counseling stuff. I'm up to five clients now. It makes BB a busy boy.

***

The new Krav Maga school opens here in Hurst on February 3. Cool.

***

My February "boys only" tour of Texas is shaping up nicely. First, on February 20 I'll head to Katy, Texas to hang out with Whit and his JMMA crew. I expect to show off my mad new Krav skillz.

On Sunday the 22nd I'll head to Austin to hang out with the Doug for a few days. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed: There's a decent chance we'll get to attend a Willie Nelson/Asleep at the Wheel taping of Austin City Limits.

***

Well, I've got some important sitting around to do. Y'all take care.

No comments: