Saturday, January 03, 2009

I Went to Entmoot and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt

It's Saturday night, and I'm here, enjoying the quiet.

***

New Year's Eve was wholly uneventful.

New Year's Day went as planned, pretty much. I hunkered down and spent about 10 hours watching the Lord of the Rings DVDs.

A few thoughts:

I love how it plays almost like an alternate British history. It just has that "this could be true" feel to it (dorky, I know). And watching this reminded me that if I am going to invest myself in a fantasy movie, for whatever reason I enjoy one that doesn't rush to create this "other" world. It might explain my fondness for Legend as well.

The lighting was terrific.

The music was too. Did this win anything for music? Wow.

Entmoot sounds like it should be a music festival.

And the shots all LOOKED good. Nothing that looked low-budget. I watch a lot of bad movies, and in those you can see just how a limited budget can hinder things.

Great casting.

*

True, by the third DVD my attention was waning a bit.

***

Lately I've been enjoying listening to old Stax/Volt stuff.

***

I got a haircut today, and did the leaves in the front yard.

***

Things are shakin' on the martial arts front. More info as I get it, but it looks like I'll be getting back to regular training soon. I can't wait!

***

Been listening to a ton of Guy Clark too (thank you again, Toland). I should just up and learn about everything the man has ever written, I do believe.

***

My father and I are tossing around the idea of taking a trip together, but we can't seem to figure out WHERE exactly.

We have ruled out Mexico.

***

This is meandering, and I thought more would occur to me. Y'all take care, and I'll take another stab at this soon enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your dad in Mexico? Just the very thought makes the Federales sit up and take notice...

Bruiser