Monday, April 02, 2007

It's Time

I'm alive, yes indeed. I'm sore from Friday night's craziness. I've got sore spots on my ribs and back, probably from lying awkwardly on rafters (is there any other way to lie on rafters?).

***

I heartily suggest you go to Newbury Comics' website and pre-order the new Porcupine Tree CD, Fear of a Blank Planet, just as soon as you flippin' can.

***

Turffalo!

That's what I'll be planting this weekend. I'm off Friday and Monday--my employer takes its religious holidays seriously!

***

Baseball season starts today. Sadly, I'm not the fan I once was. I mean to keep an eye on the Rangers, and when I'm home and a game is on I'm likely to have it on TV I imagine. I just can't imagine I'll dedicated many three and four-hour chunks of time to sitting down or even attending games anymore. Life has continued to move and get busy, and I just can't do as much of that as I used to.

But it's still a great day, a day when every time is in first place. New chalk on the base lines, batting helmets aren't grimy with tar yet, and David Wells hasn't yet scrapped with anyone at the Golden Corral.

So on that note, here's an excerpt from Annie Savoy (Susan Sarandon's) voiceover work in Bull Durham:

I believe in the church of baseball. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball... and it's never boring. Which makes it like sex. There's never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn't have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball--you just got to relax and concentrate. Besides, I'd never sleep with a player hitting under .250 unless he had a lot of RBIs or was a great glove man up the middle. A woman's got to have standards."

Play ball.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two nights, two blown save opportunities for the Astros bullpen. I'm already looking forward to a bleak season...

Bruiser