Monday, October 08, 2007

The Evolution of a Haircut/BB in Pantyhose

This is post #998.

***

I got to looking through some old photos tonight. I've had several requests from buddies (and one random pantyhose fetishist) about the time I dressed as a "woman" for Halloween.

See, it was 2001, and I worked at Yahoo over in Dallas. MOBB and I were digging through some costumes stored here and there, and I found what I thought was a bitchin' Star Trek shirt.

"That's not a shirt, it's a dress," she said.

OOOOOH! Done deal!

It was one of those super short, 60s-style things like Lt. Uhuru would go prancing around in.

I got some black pantyhose, some boots, and headed to the office. Oh, I had a beard at the time... I... hey, I'm not sure what I was thinking. By the end of the day I was telling folks I was the product of a horrible transporter accident.

Anyway, I'm saving that particular photo for the end of this post, which will be embarrasing in many ways, as I found lots of old photos during my search. Let's get on with it, shall we?

***


Okay, this is me with my first guitar in 1982 or 1983. It was a Fender Duo-Sonic II. Like my Karate Kid attempt at looking like a rocker? Wax on, wax off.

***


This is my junior year in high school. That's me with my buddy Bryan McAuley. We'd written one of our usual hateful "year end" pieces, if I recall, and this was our mailbox full of hate mail. And that was my reaction. Oh, I had the flu the day this was taken, by the way.

***

Thar's a mullet in them-thar waters! This is proof that I was indeed the inventor of the mullet. If even the Canadian hockey teams would simply pay me the royalties they owe me for use of this hairstyle I'd be a rich man today. I look like a roadie for AC/DC. This was probably 1986.

***

This was late 1987 or early '88. I'd cut my hair during one of my "some girl dumped me so I'm cleaning up my look/drinking Southern Comfort" phases. Yes, that's a Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt I'm wearing. And that bastardized Telecaster I'm playing was a fine little instrument, even if having a locking tremolo arm was a total waste.

***

Finally, here it is, the elusive photo of me dressed like... something. A hermaphrodite perhaps. Hey, I won "scariest" in the costume contest, okay?

That's my super-duper cute kid, aka Wolfboy. He was about 10 months old.

***

There you go. Perhaps my obsession with posting sweaty photos of myself is over, and now I'll spend all my time dusting off ancient images like these.

***

Ya'll have a good one

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wolfboy will be scarred for life when he sees the pic of dad in pantyhose!

A.

Anonymous said...

I'm not entirely sure, but having your picture taken with your dad in drag may manifest as PTSD. I'm just sayin'....

Anonymous said...

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I took that picture of you and McAuley. That was after the famous Box of Frogs rules/Duran Duran sucks debate, right?

Bruiser

Anonymous said...

I took a closer look at that picture of you and McAuley and noticed YOU'RE FLIPPING THE BIRD!! Wasn't this one of the pix Mrs. Winder had a coronary over?

Bruiser

BB said...

I feel fairly certain that you took that photo. I don't think it got used for anything, but in any case I'm sure LW wouldn't have been pleased to see it. I simply can't recall if she ever did. And yes, it was after a Box of Frogs/Duran Duran skirmish. You remember well, Bruiser Wan Kenobi.