Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Few Things/Back to the Dock

[Edit: RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN!]

I'm busy, just too busy to post much. The list of papers I have due in the next two weeks is overwhelming. I've also got to, you know, do some counseling (and that's divided between multiple sites). My new schedule flexibility allows me to do that, thankfully.

But before going MIA for a while...

***

The Red Sox are leading 4-3 in the 9th. I hope they hold on to win it tonight. Love me some Red Sox. Jayson Stark can kiss my pasty white butt.

(He predicted the Rockies in 6).

***

The amount of stuff I did today... I wrote a seven-page paper. And I took three pages of notes for another. I'm probably a fifth of the way done.

***

We went to Dallas tonight, taking the kids to see that robotic dinosaur show... Walking with Dinosaurs or Dinosaurs Live or something. We had great seats, and the kids loved it. It was fairly amazing! I asked a T-Rex repeatedly to eat Wolfboy, but it didn't happen.

***

A-Rod has reportedly opted out of his contract with the Yankees. Whoa.

***

Let me just say for the record that I don't care much for the rally cap.

***

Again, Jayson Stark can kiss my butt. Really. "Destiny's team"... give me a break.

***

My brain is tired. I'll check back in at some point. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how busy your boss is going to keep you over the next few days completing the dreaded policies and procedures. Blech!

Anonymous said...

And I note that there's no mention of possible overheating...gotta keep an eye on the equipment.

Anonymous said...

Amen on Red Sox over Rockies. The BoSox asked for some pitchers to dig deep and that put them in command. Sure, Okajima's arm looked detached in the last two games, but he gave all in game 2. I was impressed.
Papelbon never had a 5 or 6-out save in his career before this postseason. Then, nothing but.

And the Yankees ship is listing. I hear the creaking of hull spliting.

Yours in maritime adventure,
Jeff P.